Monday, June 7, 2010

When no news is bad news.

Whoever says “no news is good news” is obviously just an obnoxious, overly cheerful, asshole of an optimist that needs to quit calling the glass half-full instead of half-empty before I grab that glass from their (most likely) well-manicured hands in order to dump it directly upon their head.

Optimism can suck it – I’ve been loyal to it for years with nothing to show for it – kind of like how I imagine Mets fans must feel.

Yes, I’m talking about the “situation,” and no, not the one from the Jersey Shore.

To expound, there once was a boy that hit it off with a girl. Seemingly. Things changed (e.g. no news from the boy), girl moved on. Later down the line, boy (half-heartedly?) tried to re-connect with girl. Seemingly. Things changed.

Repeat cycle.

Too vague? How about this: the allegorical Tony Romo of posts-past has been put on the disabled list.

I mean, this is all hypothetical of course ... Right.

Anyway, I’m going to go ahead and contradict everything I just wrote because, apparently, the saying can sometimes be true.

Like for instance, when you get a text message from that guy that sold you an AC unit at PC Richard who wants to be your new boyfriend - this one qualifies as an instance where no news would have been good news:


I know. You don’t have to say it. You totally envy my dating life. It's cool - you can have it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've found the issue - you're a Dallas fan. If you'd just switch over and become a Houston fan everything will work out.

Barbara said...

Optimism can suck it – I’ve been loyal to it for years with nothing to show for it – kind of like how I imagine Mets fans must feel.

That made me LOL

rachaelgking said...

Jersey Shore ftw!!!

Sorry. I got distracted by the shiny.

Alyxmyself said...

Yah, my no news is probably bad news too..oh, well, who needs a job to live nowadays, anyway?

Anonymous said...

ahaha funny post, i love it.

http://petunia1989.blogspot.com/