Friday, November 13, 2009

The Master Cleanse.

No, not that master cleanse. I’m talking about the Facebook Master Cleanse. About a week or so ago, I conducted an FB purge, cutting ties with any one-time hookups or fair weather friends whom I have no interest in keeping tabs on in touch with.

Feeling proud of myself, I eventually took it one step further and began to “hide” any people whose updates solicited instantaneous eye-rolls or feelings of irritation.

Most of my New York “boyfriends” (along with our mutual friends) made this list, save one. Reasoning escapes me at this point, because I’m pretty sure that 6 or 7 failed attempts to hang out qualify him for the TOP of the “I don’t want any reminders of you” list.

But apparently, some part of me was still curious, maybeeven holding out hope that we’d eventually hang out, despite the LP’s numerous reminders that he seems like (and acted like) a complete douchebag.

The offending update that finally relegated him to hidden status?









Seemingly inoffensive, yes. But further confirmation of the fact that he and I are pretty much the same person (minus the alleged douchebaggery) – same interests, same taste in movies/music/tv shows, blah, blah, etc.

[ And I have to add, that I absolutely loved that song before they put it in an effing car commercial ... ]

Anyway, suffice it to say, our level of banter was pretty awesome – I’m sure we both fancied ourselves super witty and amusing.

Then, nothing. Per usual.

Dating in the City is hard – I have a friend who writes a blog solely on this topic (Guide to Menhattan – check it out!). So you would think having things in common with someone from the onset would help, right?

Apparently wrong.

One more status update from him proclaiming one of my faves his faves just might put me over the edge:


 I need no further reminders of my failed dating attempts in NYC.

No comments: