Thursday, January 7, 2010

The only crimson tide we fear...

As any good college football fan knows, tonight is the BCS National Championship game between Texas and Alabama.

Of course, I prepared accordingly this morning by donning all of the office-appropriate burnt orange attire I could find. A 'lil sneak preview for you:



Yes, that is a very large, bedazzled, burnt orange longhorn pinned to my jacket. And I may also be wearing a burnt orange scarf, bracelet, and earrings as well. And yes, everyone in New York City has been starring at me all day:

 
In other news, I leave you with the best propaganda I have seen on FaceBook all day - courtesy of El Arroyo (mmmm... queso....):


Update: Obviously the outcome of this game was not what we Longhorns had hoped. But, I must say that our baby-Freshman QB, Garrett Gilbert, deserves a ton of praise, even though many of my fellow fans don't seem willing to bestow it upon him. He did a pretty damn fine job considering the amount of playing time he's had throughout the season, and the amount of PRESSURE absolutely crushing him during that game.

And, I'd also like to note, that I was extremely weirded out by the number of fans talking about Garrett as if they're old buddies. I'd never really noticed the tendency that we fans have to do this... and the extent to which we do it... until now, as I know Garrett as a surrogate little brother of sorts.

His family is super close with my best friend from highschool's family, and we used to babysit him, his brother, and the other neighborhood boys circa their Power-Ranger-whitie-tightie years. I'm so proud of the awesome young man that Garrett's become, and can't wait to watch his continued success throughout the next few years. (Although I will have a hard time reconciling this new, "famous" Garrett with whightie-tightie Garrett... )

I also wanted to take a moment to note that I'm channeling all of my post-playoff energy into basketball season - Sexy Dexy and the rest of the boys are lookin' good, and I can't wait for March Madness.

Hook'em.

No comments: