Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"I'm so fat, I want to eat my muffin top"

I love this saying, stolen from the always funny KH. It's not only funny but sadly true as well... Getting over this knee surgery has taken much longer than I thought and I've subsequently lost all motivation to eat healthy and count calories. That coupled with the advent of the holiday season means I'm in serious trouble.

For instance, I had eggnog and holiday cookies for breakfast this morning - thoughtfully provided by my office during our annual White Elephant gift exchange. (Also of note, they call it "Yankee Swap" in the North, apparently...)


The leftover cookies are currently displayed at one of the most high-traffic spots in our corridor right next to the printers and supply closet. I couldn't help but notice that all of the Santas, candy canes and mistletoe are gone while the blue dreidels and star of Davids basically stand alone next to the leftover eggnog. (Which then made me think of lumpy, curdled eggnog... gross.)

I've concluded one of three things:
1. Our entire group has a strong aversion to the color blue.
2. We're all religious bigots.
3. We're all a bunch of fat kids who immediately went for Santa's jolly, rotund face and the giant candy canes because they covered more surface area than the tiny stars and dreidels.

The fact that we have a menorah in the waiting room and that we handout an official guide to foraging for free food in each new intern's welcome packet clearly leads to number 3 as the obvious conclusion.

Guess this just means that I will be renewing my vows to love and honor Crunch come New Year's Day.

No comments: