Monday, December 14, 2009

Marathon Weekend: Part I

Rooms: We're going for drinks, want to come?
Me: I just drank my face off for three days straight, otherwise would love to go with.
Rooms: You don't look hungover at all! You actually look pretty energized.
Me: I mean, I'm apparently becoming a legitimate alcoholic.
Rooms' BF: No, just a true New Yorker.

Love them.

I am also impressed that I'm in decent shape right now - this past weekend was Barney style legen-wait for it-dary. LP went through a pretty rough boy sitch a few months back, then some family drama, then there was my surgery... so our Friday night sleepover tradition has been derailed for quite some time now. Until I somehow talked her into coming to a work happy (seven) hour(s) we had on Friday.


And apparently now we're back, full force to the max. I think I mentioned our proclivity to make boyfriends and, speaking of Barney, just wanted to point out that we're pretty awesome wing women. Something about the two of us together just works - I think our personalities balance each other out, and we'd never fight over a guy EVER. She definitely has a type, while I tend to be more all over the place. But I can honestly say I've never really been into any of the guys she's picked. And probably vice versa.

Well, minus our mega-hott RA in Spain who (to quote LP) is "an Adonis of a man" and genuinely one of the nicest guys ever. But he was off limits for both of us, so doesn't count.

So when I turned around on Friday night and saw her talking to an extremely tall black man with dreads (pretty much the antithesis of the Italian/preppy/Catholic boys she usually eats alive), I decided I'd better check on her.

Which is when she enthusiastically introduced me to her new boyfriend Ozzie "Smith." Ozzie is a pretty good lookin dude, and has an abs situation to rival The Situation's. Ozzie is also a no-nonsense kind of dude, and was pretty appalled when one of my co-workers walked up to him and casually struck up a serious conversation about dinosaurs.

Ozzie: This is ridickalous - whys you talkin bout dinosaurs man? It's 4 in the mornin and you all up in here talkin bout the T-Rex? Dinosaurs is dead man, don't go tellin me bout no Triceratops.

Er .. maybe you had to be there. Or hear LP tell the story. In any case, she gave Ozzie Smith her number and he's pretty much in love. She had a text waiting for her when she woke up the next morning:

917-XXX-XXXX: Hey gurl, when can I get those lips?

Clearly we should have posted this on Texts From Last Night.

What do you say to that? We tried extremely hard, but never came up with the perfect response.

If I had to guess, we probably won't be seeing Ozzie Smith again any time soon. But if you hear two girls laughing hysterically about dinosaurs in the middle of a bar in the near future, you'll know you've found us.

No comments: